In order for your piano to have an optimal sound and to keep in good shape as long as possible, here are some tips to follow:
- place your instrument where temperature and humidity stay relatively constant. We recommend a humidity of 45-70%.
- let your instrument be tuned once or twice a year.
- action adjustment is advisable once a year, lest frequency of use should require more.
- a complete servicing of the action is advisable after 3-5 years for professional players and after 10-15 years for hobby players.
- beware of pencils, paperclips, beverages, etc..
- do not use strong, oil based detergents or abrasive cloths for cleaning.
- use only soft, lightly dampened cloths to clean the keys.